[WG-InfoSharing] Shoebox API - a new idea

Andrew Hughes andrewhughes3000 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 29 00:24:34 UTC 2019

Hi all - was chatting with a solution architect I know who was in the
audience for the demo today.

He questioned the concept of using an API for the shoebox. He pointed out
that it might be an easier path to define a ‘receipt’ Mime-type and let the
browser handle the inbound stream and redirection. He says this should work
on computer and mobile and it reduces integration burden.

I’ve been working on getting more developers connected to the CIS WG calls,
so that they can help us understand implementation capabilities and
requirements - had some good engagement this week on that front.

So - I’m hopeful that for those implementations that use the ‘create a
receipt - store a receipt’ deployment pattern, this transport mode will
make things easier. Of course for those deployments that are platform- or
network-oriented, we will gradually discover optimizations and requirements
that will help those patterns.

I’m going to google how to register mime-types now ;-)

Andrew.
--
Andrew Hughes CISM CISSP
o  +1 650.209.7542 m +1 250.888.9474
AndrewHughes3000 at gmail.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/andrew-hughes-682058a
Digital Identity | International Standards | Information Security