[WG-InfoSharing] Reminder: tomorrow's call

Mark @ OC mark at openconsent.com
Thu Jun 27 15:54:37 UTC 2019

Hi Lisa,

This presentation  sort of misunderstands the consent receipt works .. in addition, it sort of misunderstands that people and consent and society exist before and outside of technology relationships that Me2B (name) focuses on.

Mixing these things all together with a standard and a roadmap is just a bit too ugh! If relationships are a focus inside software and on website usage, then this should be the focus. In the context of this focus a specific spec, or standard or relationship management advocacy would be well placed.

But, most importantly Users Respect from Web technology is a narrow and limited explicit consent use case - and what the web tech providers are calling consent - is actually surveillance and not representative of all the other industries or even society.  Not in social terms, not in legal terms, just in their particular biz tech applied use case.

Sort of apple and orange consent discussion - in fact consent is a very old human governance tool that is defined by human physics - and has developed with society and common law over a very long time to become an enforced law (30 + years)

I would even go so far as to suggest, its the use of digital identifier management that doesn’t respect Me2B relationships - nothing to do with consent.  So perhaps adding identity relationship management to the CISWG would be a good way to encompass what you have in this draft.

Mark