[WG-InfoSharing] W3C Data Privacy Vocabulary - Consent Receipt Inputs

Mark @ OC mark at openconsent.com
Wed Jun 19 19:42:03 UTC 2019

Hello Everyone,

The W3C  DPV v.1 was approved yesterday - and Harsh who has administered the DPV works, has been kind enough to provide an input for us in terms of what was taken from the CR and how it was used for the GDPR.

On behalf of CISWG, I would like thank both Harsh and Bud for the effort of including and vetting the CR for use with the DPV vocabulary.  And special thanks for Harsh for feeding back the results, which will enable the semantic generation of consent receipts.

The DPV,  provides the CISWG with authoritative ontologies, including personal data categories, (base set provided a few years ago by Jason at  Enterprivacy - Thank You Jason) as well as very much needed position on Data Controller Categories, and the initial set/approach to purposes.  All of which are key to enabling a consent receipt to be used for compliance and evidence for Me2B and B2C.

Here is the link to the CR input workshee <https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OPIuYdaTLqIQforseLS4YY0RDxy4gYoYF55sVbTp2PQ/edit?usp=sharing>t (Andrew/Kate, let me know if you need more information.)  This worksheet provides the differences from the CR v1.1 to the GDPR DPV compliance vocabulary and can now be used to provide an authoritative explicit consent receipt specification.

Best Regards,

Mark