[WG-InfoSharing] Consent and Information Sharing Work Group Charter Update

Iain Henderson iainhenderson at mac.com
Mon Jun 17 17:30:50 UTC 2019

Hi Lisa, the existing consent receipt and any derivation thereof already has at least a semblance of ‘use receipt’ built in. That’s because pretty much all privacy regulation worldwide mandates that the entity gathering the data articulates ‘what data are they gathering’ (data type), and ‘what are the doing with it’ (purposes). So both of those concepts are already fields within the existing receipt - albeit we have never standardised either of those lists (which I think is do-able, but a tough ask in a work group with limited bandwidth).

Iain