[WG-InfoSharing] Tomorrow’s objective and goal

Iain Henderson iainhenderson at mac.com
Thu Jun 6 09:22:34 UTC 2019

OK thanks Jim, I can join today.

As regards issues for discussion, my own sense is that we should spend at least some cycles stepping back and look at what is happening in the wider environment around personal data management from the perspective of the individual. There are many initiatives popping up and several have been around for years - MyData Global, Me2B, Project VRM, Customer Commons, Kantara, IEEE, Information Sharing Labels, Receipts etc etc etc. And the strange thing being that it is many of the same faces and voices  across all of them. It would be nice to have a cohesive story around which group is building what, why, and most importantly how the many initiatives might play nicely together. That might be very aspirational, but without a cohesive view we are all spending a lot more time going over ground we have already gone over 3 times before, managing overlaps and positioning than ideally we should.

Cheers

Iain