[WG-InfoSharing] Material for November 1 CIS WG call now on wiki

John Wunderlich john at wunderlich.ca
Thu Nov 1 11:26:19 UTC 2018

Andrew;

I like the direction that this is going. User centered information sharing
will depend on protocols and policies that incorporate users even when - or
especially when - the basis for processing is not consent. Given how much
processing happens in the back end, consent will be the basis for only a
small proportion of overall personal data processing. That means we need
protocols for sharing and tracking information sharing through the life
cycle of the data.

Consent and consent receipts become, in this context, a special case of
information sharing. The general case of information sharing and an
auditable information sharing contract can provide the an alternative, user
centred eco system to pull consumers and users out of the data exploitation
they currently inhabit.

On the contract front, see
https://sisa.jlinc.org/html/ for the JLINC standard information sharing
agreement.  James Hazard has also put this into Common Accord at
http://www.commonaccord.org/index.php?action=list&file=G/Org-JLINC-SISA/

The paradigm of an automated information agreement allows for automated
processing and scalable solutions that align with the CISWG and Kantara
goals.

Regrets for today’s call, but looking forward to working in the next
iteration with the group.

On Wed, Oct 31, 2018 at 23:55 Andrew Hughes <andrewhughes3000 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi all - I have posted some material for review and discussion about what
> to work on next on the wiki:
> https://kantarainitiative.org/confluence/display/infosharing/Product+Roadmap+Ideas
>
> It's a proposal about how we might think of the problem we are trying
> to solve, and how the Receipt concept fits into that future world. TL;DR if
> we look at the data subject-controller interaction using Contract Law
> concepts, we can gain clarity on what is 'broken' and what we might be able
> to do to 'fix' it.
>
> These are the links from the wiki (Please try to pre-read the first two.
> We will walk through the third together):
>
> Blog: Kantara Initiative Work Groups on Data Sharing and Consent
> <https://wp.me/p1TQLp-7j>
> Kantara consent high level use cases.pdf
> <https://kantarainitiative.org/confluence/download/attachments/104598628/Kantara%20consent%20high%20level%20use%20cases.pdf?version=1&modificationDate=1541043927557&api=v2>
>
> Mind map to go with the blog
> <https://share.mindmanager.com/#publish/Dy37bDd3dLe-sNUuxjHMDffKegAzJCB9wByDXwIs>
>
> *Andrew Hughes *CISM CISSP
>
> o  +1 650.209.7542
> m +1 250.888.9474
> 1249 Palmer Road, Victoria, BC V8P 2H8
> AndrewHughes3000 at gmail.com
> *https://www.linkedin.com/in/andrew-hughes-682058a
> <https://www.linkedin.com/in/andrew-hughes-682058a>*
> *Digital Identity | International Standards | Information Security *

John Wunderlich Fat fingered from a mobile device Pleez 4give spelling
errurz!

intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee
you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify
the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by
mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. If you are not the
strictly prohibited.