[WG-InfoSharing] ICO Guidance on Consent

Colin Wallis colin at kantarainitiative.org
Sat Mar 11 06:31:40 CST 2017

Well certainly for posterity, the 'final' should be published on the wiki,
as we have done with submissions previously.
But starting in a GDoc is understandable because the write access is easier
to manage.
Cheers

On Sat, Mar 11, 2017 at 11:37 AM, Iain Henderson <iainhenderson at mac.com>
wrote:

> I think we need a wiki/ collaborative document through which we can
> discuss and agree a formal response from CISWG to the ICO consultancy.
>
> Can we put that up on a wiki page in the Kantara group space, or do we
> need a Google Doc or similar? The combined response can then go in from
> either Andrew as Group Chair or Colin as Executive Director.
>
> On 9 Mar 2017, at 11:35, Mark Lizar - OCG <m.lizar at openconsentgroup.com>
> wrote:
>
> Hello CISWG,
>
> After  a couple of years of work - it turns out that we have anticipated
> the need for consent records and proof of consent.  Finally, guidance from
> a regular that the consent receipt can use.
>
> Does anyone have any comments, questions, or discussion points.  Favourite
> bits of guidance?
>
> - Mark
>

> On 2 Mar 2017, at 22:41, Iain Henderson <iainhenderson at mac.com> wrote:
>
> Yes, I think we should respond as CISWG/ Kantara to the short consultation
> (by 31st March), and also to this one referenced for later in the year.
>
> *That won’t be the end of our work on consent. Later in the year we are
> planning to issue a call for evidence to get a better sense of what
> technical solutions are available or are being developed for obtaining and
> managing consent*.
>

> On 2 Mar 2017, at 17:54, Mark OCG <m.lizar at openconsentgroup.com> wrote:
>

> Now Published for Public Consultation
>
> http://bit.ly/ico-consent
>
> Happy to take comments in this thread to pass forward as an Official CISWG
> response if the group approves.
>
> - Mark

Executive Director
Kantara Initiative Inc. <https://kantarainitiative.org/>