[WG-InfoSharing] 2016 Privacy Books from Daniel Solove

Jim Pasquale jim at digi.me
Tue Jan 3 12:47:01 CST 2017

In case you missed this one from Dr. Deb Peel and the Patient Privacy Rights group:

1/1/17
If you are anywhere nearby, Adam Tanner’s new book will launch in Austin ONE WEEK from today—want to come for the book launch events/discussions?

It's called "Our Bodies Our Data, how companies make billions selling  our medical records".

The book will finally show that personal control over pii is essential. Today hidden corporations/ data brokers control our data. Current technology is far too dangerous and must be redesigned . Privacy is a fundamental human and civil right.

SEE Praise for Our Bodies Our Data, How Companies Make Billions Selling Our Medical Records <http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/books/539847/our-bodies-our-data-by-adam-tanner/9780807033340/> :

“Patient data presents both promise and peril. Important public and private interests hang in the balance as consumers, providers, advocates, industry actors, and governments weigh increased transparency, informed consent, privacy issues, and the right to know. In Our Bodies, Our Data, Adam Tanner tangibly advances a vital conversation—adroitly articulating choices that may profoundly shape the future of health and health care.”
—A. Eugene Washington, M.D., Chancellor for Health Affairs, Duke University, President and CEO, Duke University Health System

“Adam Tanner has thoroughly researched how big pharma continues to trample on our medical privacy. This is a terrifying and strongly-argued account of how drug companies collect, analyze, and sell patient data and a must-read for anyone who has ever been to a doctor.”
—J. Kyle Bass, Chief Investment Officer, Hayman Capital Management