[WG-InfoSharing] Interesting Review of P3P

Iain Henderson iainhenderson at mac.com
Thu Mar 24 12:58:11 CDT 2016

So if this (attached, minus the 1-15 numbers) is close-ish to a representation of a receipt as would be visualised to the recipient, what would we need to do from your perspective to complete a reference implementation that included machine readability?

If that is a bigger hurdle than we have the bandwidth for at this point in time, then the fall back position is that the minimal viable version of the receipt imposes no technical constraints.

The reason why I think there is some urgency around making this decision is that organisations will shortly be looking for solutions to the consent problems caused to them by the EU privacy upgrade (GDPR) that will be written into law in May. From my perspective, a minimalistic variant that we can point to and discuss is infinitely more important than a more fully baked variant that takes several more months to emerge. In turn the positive discussions I would expect to emerge from the visibility of the minimalistic version would in all likelihood up the level of resources available to build the proper one.

Cheers

Iain