[WG-InfoSharing] FYI from Usable Privacy at CMU

John Wunderlich john at wunderlich.ca
Thu Mar 17 11:47:46 CDT 2016

<—cut from list posting

The Usable Privacy Policy project has just released a new website that
features over 20,000 policy annotations collected for nearly 200 website
privacy policies. This is just the beginning of an effort, where we hope to
further scale this process with machine learning and natural processing
technologies. The website is at: explore.usableprivacy.org. You may also be
interested in the joint CMU-Fordham press release<
http://www.cs.cmu.edu/news/new-website-sheds-light-privacy-policy-shortcomings-paves-way-semi-automated-policy-summarization>
about the site or a recent article in Consumerist<
https://consumerist.com/2016/03/11/researchers-launch-tool-to-help-show-you-what-the-heck-privacy-policies-actually-say/
>.

Moving forward, we plan to issue a small number of updates each  year
(perhaps 2 or 3) about our progress and opportunities for members of
different communities to use our results and/or also contribute to our
effort. If you would like to be removed from this mailing list, please
follow the instructions at:

​—->​

Sincerely,
John Wunderlich