[WG-InfoSharing] Fwd: Sedona 8th Annual Int’l Programme on CB Discovery, 7-8 June 2016 – Now Accepting Applications for Invitations

John Wunderlich john at wunderlich.ca
Tue Mar 15 14:21:45 CDT 2016

May be of interest

Sincerely,
John Wunderlich
@PrivacyCDN

Call: +1 (647) 669-4749
eMail: john at wunderlich.ca

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: The Sedona Conference <igg at sedonaconference.org>
Date: 15 March 2016 at 10:47
Subject: Sedona 8th Annual Int’l Programme on CB Discovery, 7-8 June 2016 –
Now Accepting Applications for Invitations
To: John Wunderlich <john at wunderlich.ca>

[image: Logo] [image: Facebook]
<https://thesedonaconference.org/sites/sedona.civicactions.net/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=733&qid=393162>
[image:
Twitter]
<https://thesedonaconference.org/sites/sedona.civicactions.net/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=734&qid=393162>
[image:
LinkedIn]
<https://thesedonaconference.org/sites/sedona.civicactions.net/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=1193&qid=772915>

The 8th Annual Sedona Conference
International Programme
on
Cross-Border Discovery and Data
Protection Laws

7-8 June 2016
Berlin, Germany

[image: Apply Now]
<https://sedona.civicactions.net/sites/sedona.civicactions.net/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=2348&qid=2398873>
------------------------------

NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS!

The Sedona Conference is returning to Europe for its 8th Annual
International Programme on Cross-Border Discovery & Data Protection Laws,
to be held at the Hotel Adlon Kempinski in Berlin, Germany on 7-8 June.

Programme Topics Include:

   - Key Changes to the EU-U.S. Cross-Border Discovery Framework: A
   practical look at the effects the new European legislation will have on
   EU-U.S.cross-border transfers in the context of litigation, government
   investigations, and internal investigations
   - Safe Harbor After the European Court of Justice (ECJ) Ruling: How did
   we get here and where are we going? A look back at the developments that
   brought us to the invalidation of the original Safe Harbor adequacy
   decision, what changed, and what to expect from the new EU-U.S. Privacy
   Shield
   - The Microsoft Ireland Case: Implications for the way the U.S.
   addresses data protection and the potential effects on cross-border
   discovery
   - The Application of Technologies in Data Protection: A dialogue on how
   technology can support data protection compliance

For the Programme agenda and a list of faculty members, along with
biographies, please click here to visit the Programme webpage
<https://sedona.civicactions.net/sites/sedona.civicactions.net/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=2348&qid=2398873>
.

The Programme is by invitation only to ensure a proper balance of
participants, and participation is limited to ensure we have an intimate
environment for meaningful dialogue. Please click here
<https://sedona.civicactions.net/sites/sedona.civicactions.net/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=2348&qid=2398873>
to apply for an invitation to the Programme.

We have secured a highly favorable group rate of EUR 240 per night on a
limited block of Deluxe Rooms at the Hotel Adlon Kempinski for the evenings
of 6-8 June 2016. The group rate also is available for the four days
preceding (2-5 June) and the three days following the Programme (9-11
June), but completely subject to room availability because there is no room
block for these nights.

Complete hotel reservation information will be provided with your Programme
registration confirmation email. Accordingly, you should submit an
application for the Programme as soon as possible, so we can consider your
application and extend an invitation to you to participate in the Programme
in a timely fashion.

A meet-and-greet reception will be held at the hotel the evening before the
Programme begins, Monday, 6 June, from 18:00 to 20:00.

Working Group 6 (WG6) members - please note that our traditional half-day
WG6 members-only meeting will be held on Thursday, 9 June, from 8:30 –
13:00 (location TBA).

301 East Bethany Home Road, Suite C-297, Phoenix, AZ 85012
Phone 602-258-4910 Email info at sedonaconference.org

Copyright 2016 The Sedona Conference
You are currently signed up to receive newsletters. To unsubscribe click
here
<https://sedona.civicactions.net/index.php?q=civicrm/mailing/optout&reset=1&jid=3433&qid=2398873&h=ca323f776eb82fd6>
If you would like to resubscribe to receive emails from The Sedona
Conference click resubscribe
<e-3433-2398873-ca323f776eb82fd6 at thesedonaconference.org?subject=I%20would%20like%20to%20resubscribe%20to%20TSC%20emails&I%20would%20like%20to%20resubscribe%20to%20TSC%20emails>

prohibited.