[WG-InfoSharing] The FCC is preparing the strongest privacy rules ever bit.ly/1pq8rpN

John Wunderlich john at wunderlich.ca
Mon Mar 14 19:22:32 CDT 2016

Explicit consent will probably not be required in large parts of Asia,
South America or Africa - or not at least in the near future.

There will be technical issues with a blanket explicit requirement for PII
- example being that if IP address is PII, it is included in browser header
and traffic information - which suggests that one interpretation of
explicit consent would cause problems for DNS servers.

I agree that we need an endpoint that enables scaling of the strongest
privacy rules, but if it REQUIRES the strongest privacy rules it will fail
to be adopted generally, IMHO.

Sincerely,
John Wunderlich
@PrivacyCDN

Call: +1 (647) 669-4749
eMail: john at wunderlich.ca

On 14 March 2016 at 17:07, Mark Lizar - OCG <m.lizar at openconsentgroup.com>
wrote:

> Explicit consent *will* be the requirement.  As well as explicit
> information sharing agreements.
>
> I agree it might scare lawyers now. But, I think thats a good thing.  Of
> course, we can make an MVCR lite version aka an Open Notice or Open Consent
> Receipt for all legacy use cases.   But, the important thing is scaling to
> the “strongest privacy rules ever” (IMHO)

prohibited.