[WG-InfoSharing] Github Versions Merged

John Wunderlich john at wunderlich.ca
Mon Mar 14 11:02:59 CDT 2016

Thanks for the pull. I know I’m still climbing Mount Newbie with respect to
GitHub as well.

re: comments:

1. I don’t think that the MVCR is limited to websites. The Alice/Bob web
site registration is just the simplest example. Any entity that collects PI
should be able to provide an MVCR.
2. The MVCR scope should be as generic as possible - i.e. any entity that
collects personal information from an individual on the web
3. Point of disagreement. The MVCR doesn’t have to be machine readable any
more than a receipt you get from any purchase transaction. Some are machine
readable. Some are not. All are valid.
4. Suggest leaving Consent Type (like Purposes) up to the entity producing
it, but provide a base list of choices such as Implied/Implicit,Opt-out,
Opt-in, Expressed/Explicit or Not Applicable. So long as the field is not
blank, the user is being informed and can make a judgement as to veracity
and applicability based on their understanding.

Sincerely,
John Wunderlich
@PrivacyCDN

Call: +1 (647) 669-4749
eMail: john at wunderlich.ca

On 14 March 2016 at 07:41, Mark Lizar - OCG <m.lizar at openconsentgroup.com>
wrote:

> FYI:
>
> As requested:
>
> I have merged John’s version (I think) its first time I have tried to
> merge via github interface.
>
> Initial comments I have for this version are:
>
>    - To not limit MVCR scope to websites,
>    - to improve scope by making it more specific,
>    - We need to get the MVCR much closer to machine readable consent
>    receipts.  (we can try and remove the json to appendix) but this seems to
>    make the machine readable stuff a lot harder
>    - Consent type should be changed to - explicit consent (y/n) -  which
>    I think everyone will be happy with.
>
> - Mark

prohibited.