[WG-InfoSharing] FYI: ISO: New project: User Friendly Online Notice and Consent

Nat Sakimura sakimura at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 18:10:06 CST 2014

Yes, sending through the liaison agreement makes the most sense.
Having support from NBs is also very important since only NBs has the
eligibility to vote for the start of the new work.

On the process:
ISO process does not necessarily be a heaviest one among the other SDOs.
Being majority vote, it can actually proceed quite quickly -- as little as
in 3 years.
In many cases, it takes longer in other "more nimble" SDOs like IETF.
We can do PAS (Publicly Available Standard) as well, but that will not
attain IS (International Standard) status and will not enjoy WTO status
unless the originating SDO followed WTO rules.

Cheers
Nat

Nat Sakimura (=nat)
Chairman, OpenID Foundation