[WG-InfoSharing] FYI: ISO: New project: User Friendly Online Notice and Consent

Colin Wallis colin_wallis at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 21 03:24:19 CST 2014

How to put forward.. Hmm.. the most obvious way is to contribute it to the Study Period.That will require a little bit of thought because I believe, in effect, that IPR in that contributed text is lost to ISO at that point. IMHO one of the reasons why ISO has .. how can I say this diplomatically.. typically 'mature' concepts , is that the value has been got from them before they get there.Of course Kantara still has the original work, still develops it, still makes it freely available under its own IPR regime, while not all these things may happen to the text we contribute to ISO! It's one of the things that OASIS does so well with its PAS status with ISO. It has its cake (getting some works enshrined in ISO which makes it very credible) and eats it too (keeps developing/maintaining it in OASIS). Nat may have some views as well as others deeply versed in ISO.CheersColin