[WG-IDAssurance] Updates to my comments

Colin Wallis colin_wallis at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 8 02:47:33 CST 2013

Sloooow down there, Rich.29003 is only at 3rd Working Draft and has a long way to go before prime time, maybe 2016 before it is an IS. 29115 Entity Authentication Assurance Framework, and its close cousin from ITU-T, x.1254 is the basis which motivated the development of 29003.
But sure, it would be helpful if all TF's worked with a common one. Doubting that they all will ever be on the same page at the same time, Kantara is in a tricky situation to support the needs of its RPs. As an international org, using an international standard would seem to be obvious. But serving the needs in an RP's particular jurisdiction, say the US with FICAM, may mean keeping aligned with both an IS and US standards. I think an RP will have to judge each case/context on its merits, to know which sandbox or combination of sandboxes it needs to play in.. :-).
CheersColin