[WG-HealthIDAssurance] Draft of HIMSS Kantara Workshop Agenda
Pete.Palmer at surescripts.com
Thu Feb 28 12:29:43 EST 2013
Thanks to Joni.
Kantara Initiative is proud to support this annual event that helps HIT professionals make the right decisions for their organizations. As part of our support for the event Kantara Initiative will host a discussion on-site Tuesday March 5th, 3:30 to 6:30 to focus on: Trust and Assurance Workshop: NIST 800-63 Equivalent, Identity Credentialing, Authentication and Identity Proofing. This discussion will include guest thought leaders from the healthcare space including: Aetna, Experian, Equifax, ApeniMED, DirectTrust.org, SecureKey, SureScripts and others.
Where: HIMSS - New Orleans Convention Center
Date: Tuesday March 5th
Time: 3:30 - 6:30
3:30 - 4:00 - Welcome & Level Setting
4:00 - 5:00 - Each expert shares their thoughts on the 'lay of the land' around eHealth, AuthN, Identity Proofing and Management
* Trends (important things being done that are worth knowing for the long haul)
* Transparents (important things people keep looking *through* instead of *at*)
* Tropes (technology metaphors that have perhaps become dull with overuse)
* Transients (shiny new things that are unlikely to stick around) -- yes, you each should go there...
5:00 - 6:00 - Aligning the policies
* What do you see as the role of government lead requirements, like NIST 800-63 regarding the eHealth Authentication space?
* Regarding Industry Consortia, like Kantara Initiative for example, how does your organization determine where to get involved in shaping industry?
* With so many standards, agencies, active and emerging initiatives how do you identify the opportunities and steer through the challenges?
* How do interoperability and alignment to baseline standards enable your organization to be a leader in eHealth Authentication?
* How does your organization see activities like that of FICAM and possible NSTIC playing a role?
6:00 - 6:30 - A call to Action & Closing Remarks
Pete Palmer, CISSP | Director, Information Security | Surescripts
O: 651.855.3034 | C: 612.598.4444 |pete.palmer at surescripts.com<mailto:%7Cpete.palmer at surescripts.com>
This e-mail and any attachments are confidential, may contain sensitive information, and are intended solely for the individual to whom this e-mail is addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail immediately and destroy all copies of the e-mail and any attachments.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the WG-HealthIDAssurance