[WG-eGov] Latest Charter for discussion on tomorrow's call

Dagg, Kenneth Kenneth.Dagg at tbs-sct.gc.ca
Mon Oct 7 09:16:00 CDT 2013

Colin,

While I think the scope section is good, I think it is missing a component.  As written, I think that it only looks at governments as RPs. I believe that there is a role for governments as IdPs - authoritative parties for identity or specific identity attributes (see Anil's blog entry http://blog.aniljohn.com/2013/07/identity-establishment-and-role-of-public-sector.html).

I believe that the current text in the Scope section could accommodate governments as both RPs and Aps but I would recommend that it be explicitly stated in order to ensure that it is not forgotten.  Along this same line, I would like to propose that the purpose of the WG take into account advocating for governments as a special interest or context within the IAF.

Just a few thoughts,
Ken

Kenneth Dagg
Senior Project Co-ordinator | Coordonnateur de projet supérieur
Cyber Authentication and Identity Management Program | programme d'authentification électronique et de gestion de l'identité
Chief Information Officer Branch | Direction du dirigeant principal de l'information
Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat | Secrétariat du Conseil du Trésor du Canada
300 Laurier Ave, Room 7139
Ottawa, Canada K1A 0R5
Kenneth.Dagg at tbs-sct.gc.ca<mailto:Kenneth.Dagg at tbs-sct.gc.ca>
Telephone | Téléphone 613-415-5270