[KI-LC] WG/DG status updates please

Andrew Hughes andrewhughes3000 at gmail.com
Wed May 19 17:30:08 UTC 2021

Hi LC - we collectively need to get better at posting status updates to the
LC Status blog.
Since Ken stopped nudging, the frequency of posts has dropped to zero.

The LC Status blog is very visible - a link goes out in the Kantara
newsletter and Director's Corner & there's a link from the Kantara wiki.
It's promoted as the source for info on what Kantara is working on - so if
it's empty the assumption from the outside world is that we are not working
on anything.

Also, the Kantara Board uses it to get a feel for what's going on. This
feeds into any funding support decisions - if there's no group activity
history in the LC Status Blog, you will have to work harder to get funds
for projects.

I suggest that you include a standing agenda item in your meeting minutes
templates - and maybe even during your weekly calls, have the Chair, Vice
or Secretary go into the blog and post a sentence or two. A link to your
latest minutes page would be enough!

thank you for your attention to this
andrew.

*Andrew Hughes *CISM CISSP

o  +1 650.209.7542
m +1 250.888.9474
5043 Del Monte Ave., Victoria, BC V8Y 1W9
AndrewHughes3000 at gmail.com