[KI-LC] Identiverse '21: Kantara's session - need to get moving on this

Colin Wallis Kantara colin at kantarainitiative.org
Sat May 8 17:46:06 UTC 2021

Folks

We are at the end of the line on this.

Thank you Sal, for committing the ANCR WG to show something.

In the absence of any other indications of support (tho' I remain ever
hopeful that other groups may step up) I propose that we do most of it as a
panel where whichever Officers or members are available on the day of the
Pre-Record, gets to sit on the panel and promote their work. For the
remainder, we can feature the Trust Framework, its Identity Assurance
scheme and a status update of the Program, alongside the ANCR showcase.

Borrowing a theme or two from our EIC '21 pre-conference workshop, it might
look like this:

MC and moderator: Colin

Title:
Driving Trust in Digital Identity - it takes a global perspective

Abstract:
Recent global events have provoked re-examination and debate about the role
of digital identification & authorization, and why standards matter when
interoperability is the key to 'the new normal'. The work and development
of services from industry associations - in particular those that operate
globally is the fulcrum upon which 'the new normal' will play out. Kantara
is one of a small number of organizations that develop specifications and
operate services to pave the path. Check out this session to keep up with
the Kantarians and their recent achievements in conformity assessment and
assurance in digital identity, emerging tools for people to exercise agency
over the collection and use of their personal data, with a glimpse into the
future..

Near final agenda:

   - Who and what is Kantara

   - WG/DG Lightning Round: a panel of Working/Discussion Group
   representatives talking about their current work and what's next.

   - Spotlight on the Identity Assurance Trust Framework and Operations
   Program - its standards based approach and its global reach

   - Spotlight on the Advanced Notice & Consent Receipt Work Group (ANCR
   WG) - its R&D baseline to develop an open source receipt wallet

   - Kantara's plans through till 2024 - implementing the Board's strategic
   plan

I will be submitting EOD Eastern on Monday, so if you have anything to add,
or comments to make on the proposed, please do so before then.

Thanks
Colin