[KI-LC] LC discussion of ONC final draft Trust Registry proposal

Andrew Hughes andrewhughes3000 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 23:04:26 UTC 2021

Hi Jim - I've added some questions and requests for clarification in the
document as Word comments. Perhaps we can discuss them during the LC call.

My primary observation is that the proposal is a bit scattered - in some
places it tells the reviewer that the project has one objective, then in
other places it describes other, different, objectives - so it's a bit
confusing to me.

Is the project intended to extend the IDEF Registry tool by adding an API
for data access?
Is the project intended to develop a conformity assessment scheme that will
enable assessments of apps against a published set of requirements (and
which requirements)?
Is it to establish a new Kantara assessment and approval scheme within the
existing Kantara trust operations program?
(and if the answer is 'yes' to all of the above, they will have to be
described a bit more fully in the proposal)

Put another way: what tangible things will the ONC receive in return for
the grant money?
And is the intention that Kantara will receive some tangible things as well?

thanks
andrew.

*Andrew Hughes *CISM CISSP

o  +1 650.209.7542
m +1 250.888.9474
5043 Del Monte Ave., Victoria, BC V8Y 1W9
AndrewHughes3000 at gmail.com