[KI-LC] Fwd: LC discussion of ONC final draft Trust Registry proposal

Andrew Hughes andrewhughes3000 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 18:44:06 UTC 2021

Hi LC - *please act on this email. Some homework is required prior to
Wednesday.*

On our next Leadership Council call Wednesday July 21, 2021, we will spend
most of the hour discussing the attached draft proposal that has been
developed by FIRE WG.
*Leadership Council call - Wednesday July 21, 2021 - 12:00 Eastern*
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/112012805
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/112012805&sa=D&source=calendar&usd=2&usg=AOvVaw2J3T36uJVbpRCFCQraStUy>

Kantara is figuring out the whole 'internal process to bid for/manage grant
funding' and this is the first substantial one - we need your help.

Generally speaking, this proposal draft will be reviewed by LC and comments
provided to FIRE WG who will then take it forward to the Kantara Board of
Directors for refinement then onward submission to ONC. If
successfully awarded, the Kantara BOD would be the signatory and ultimate
grant manager, and so they are the approver prior to submission.

Our role is to ask clarifying questions and provide substantive feedback on
the document. LC does not have an approver role for financial obligations
of Kantara (read the bylaws and operating procedures).

Note that this text is intended to test the appetite of ONC to enter into
grant funding mode - it is not the actual grant proposal, which would
require many more details. When we get to that stage, Kay will manage the
process as ED and as a person with much experience in grant proposals and
management.

Thanks, and we'll talk on Wednesday - if you are unable to attend, please
send your regrets in advance. Each WG should try to have at least one Chair
or Vice-Chair in attendance at each LC meeting.
andrew

*Andrew Hughes *CISM CISSP

o  +1 650.209.7542
m +1 250.888.9474
5043 Del Monte Ave., Victoria, BC V8Y 1W9
AndrewHughes3000 at gmail.com