[KI-LC] ANCR WG Charter

Ken Dagg kendaggtbs at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 14:11:05 UTC 2021

Sal,

I read the charter on Friday and thought about my comments over the weekend.

I’m not familiar with the Consent Receipt work. That being said, from my
uneducated perspective, I have the following comments:

1) I find the charter unclear in several places in terms of wording.  For
example, in section 3 Scope:
a) paragraph 1. a. says, “Update the initial consent receipt by specifying
...”.  IMO, it should say, “ Update the initial consent receipt
*specification* by specifying ...”. There are other cases of inconsistent
wording. I would suggest giving the charter an overall read to ensure
clarity.
b) paragraph 1. b. say to the “Extend the consent notice receipt schema
base”. I have no idea what a “consent notice receipt” is let alone it’s
“scheme base”.  I could not find the term in V1.1.
c) paragraph 1. c. says “Address technical gaps”. My question is: technical
gaps in what?

2) In section 4 Draft Technical Specifications I’m not sure what what is
being developed especially how the first and second bullet relate to each
other. From what is said, I think that there is some overlap between the
two bullets.

3) IMO, section 7 Audience is still unclear and doesn’t describe what they
will get out of it or how they will use it.

4) IMO, section 8 Duration describes another output from the Group: the
roadmap for future work.

As I said at the beginning, I thought about whether I should send these
comments and finally decide to in order to ensure that the charter clearly
describes what the group intends to do.

Ken

613-825-2091 kendaggtbs at gmail.com