[KI-LC] Hello!

Colin Wallis Kantara colin at kantarainitiative.org
Sun Jan 3 18:39:06 UTC 2021

Thank you Hatef

Right now, Kantara has no R&D projects in play. When we met at the CIW
conference we had a US based programme in its final phase, and a European
based programme just beginning.  In the intervening time, the US programme
has concluded and the EU programme is on its final phase with existing
projects and concludes in a few months time.  We have not been approached
with regards to other programmes for 2021, but if that changes and it is
applicable, I'll be sure to let you know.

In terms of academic texts and white papers and the like, we will see how
the year develops. Generally an entity comes to Kantara with an idea and
some supporting sponsorship funding to help with editing and spinning up a
new Working Group. If it is within the scope of an existing Working Group
then the work is developed there. Forward plans have been significantly
affected by COVID so right now we do not have anything in the pipeline. But
again, if that changes and if it is applicable, I'll be sure to let you
know.

Kind regards
Colin
Executive Director