[KI-LC] Planning EIC 2021 Munich: European plenary and pre-conference workshop

Thorsten Niebuhr [WedaCon GmbH] tniebuhr at wedacon.net
Mon Apr 19 20:10:07 UTC 2021

Hi Andrew,

thats a great idea, and it came just in time! I was nearly done with my
mail re the agenda. Great to see you again asking the last minute
question! But you saved me from searching for all the relevant mailadresses.

;)

I think we could put that into the 'first third' (and/or even extend
it), and include one or two into the panel (either the first one or the
last one).

As I am just too lazy to re-fomulate the mail I was just about to send,
I will send it to you all 'as is' now. Hope that is fine!

####

Hello Kantarians,

as you might know, I have taken over from Colin to coordinate / organize
our european class reunion at Kuppinger's EIC Munich
(https://www.kuppingercole.com/events/eic2021
<https://www.kuppingercole.com/events/eic2021>), and many of you have
indicated some interest in taking part (or taking over a part) for the
planned workshop, which will (most likely and as usual) be scheduled
just before the conference (forenoon on the first day).

First of all: Thank you so much (also in the name of the board) for your
offer to make this workshop work [sic!]

We have already collected topics and brainstorm'ed an agenda, which we
plan to communicate to the event organizing team from Kuppinger in the
next days.

Conceptually (and as already announced), we will split the appr. 3 hrs
we do have into three pieces

  * 1/3 Kantara past-today-tomorrow
      o Short Intro to Kantara and what we are/do, with a little help
        from our friends (affiliate partners and organizations)
        representing /taking part in a panel -->
      o Panel (not sure yet, I think adding a few from 'the past, from
        today, ...') would be nice. So incubated orgs, founding members,
        the current president, the (upcoming/ new) ED, etc pp)
  * 1/3 Current WGs and DGs
      o My goal is to transport details about *all* the current groups.
        However, as we do have a few groups which are not only important
        but also famous, we will give them more and extra time to
        present. And also because we have found someone to present: -->
      o ANCR WG (Vitor and Mark)
      o UMA WG (Alax, Andi)
      o IA WG (Björn)
  * 1/3 Workshop
      o Let them (the audience) be heard :
        /"What is the most challenging /your topic for the next 5 years
        / 10 years"/
          + /Open Session: Write down your thoughts and place it on the
            board/
          + /Discussion audience with the panel
            /

What is still missing is some 'catching phrase' for the workshop (or
more profane: the title.) A proposal, but maybe someone has a better idea:

*Kantara past-today-tomorrow: Driving digital trust**

*I catched this up somewhere, but I have no idea where. Just found it in
one of my notice books, but not on the internet

Re the 'plenary': we are still checking with the european members /
physically available Kantarians if we should do that. if so, it will
(should) be some kind of hybrid event as well. Just stay tuned!

Feedback welcome!

Thorsten

--

Thorsten H. Niebuhr
Geschäftsführender Gesellschafter /CEO

WedaCon Informationstechnologien GmbH
Kroegerweg 29
D-48155 Münster

T. +49 (251) 399 678-22
M. +49 (174) 9912 574
F. +49 (251) 399 678-50
tniebuhr at wedacon.net
www.wedacon.net

Amtsgericht Münster HRB 6115
USt.-ID: DE216758544
StNr.: 336/5775/1487
Geschäftsführender Gesellschafter: Thorsten H. Niebuhr