[KI-LC] Planning EIC 2021 Munich: European plenary and pre-conference workshop

Colin Wallis Kantara colin at kantarainitiative.org
Tue Apr 13 22:49:08 UTC 2021

Hi everyone

Kantara Director-at-large Thorsten is taking the lead on co-ordinating
Kantara's activity around this event because, as you probably know already,
I will be on the other side of the world by then ;-).

I am emailing all European member company reps and individual contributor
members directly, after the bcc email last week to the corporate members.
This is because we are now up against the deadline with organisers
Kuppinger Cole for this event and we must confirm 'who and what' for the
EIC 2021 website agenda and promotion.

I am also adding Kantara members already listed as speakers on the agenda.
Congratulations Katryna Dow, Mary Hodder, Allan Foster and George Fletcher!

Thorsten and Ruth are also on the agenda (as am I, but that is a
mistake;-)).

Thorsten has sketched a plan for the European Members Plenary on the Monday
and the pre-conference Workshop on the Tuesday morning before the
conference begins after lunch. Please see it below.

I ask for your response on just 4 things :

1) Will you attend in person, or remote, or not at all.

2) If you are intending to participate in person or remote, will you
participate in the European Members Plenary (probably at Victors Hotel
around the corner from the event venue) on the day before the conference
(Monday Sept 13th).

3) If you are intending to participate in person or remote, will you attend
the pre-conference workshop, participate on panels or presentations
regarding your company's work and its relationship to Kantara.

4) What do you think of Thorsten's early draft? What would you suggest to
improve?

Thanking you very much in advance.

Kind regards

>From Thorsten's email to the Board yesterday.

I would like to add a topic to the meeting this week re the agenda/
planning for EIC 2020 ( Member Plenary + Kantara Workshop)

I am still not sure if we manage to organize a plenary, but my feeling is
that we absolutely should try to do so (preferably as hybrid event as well).

We agreed with Kuppinger to come back to them with an agenda by end of this
week. Please check the attachment. Comments much appreciated!

*Plenary*
Depending on the situation (C19) and how many persons would attend, I hope
we can (again) organize the event in the 'Victor's' Residence Hotel'
Agenda for plenary will be, as always, 50% Kantara internal/ updates and
50% Warm-Up prepare for the workshop the coming day.
Around 5.5 hours (10.30am - 4pm with lunch and breaks included)

*Workshop*
I would love to make this more a workshop-style than it was in the past
years. So I recommend a 33/33/33 approach, and Colin thinks to run for
about 2.5 hours, slightly shorter than previous years

*33% Kantara Board and LC Officers and staff*
past-today-tomorrow (what is Kantara)
Panel (Kantara and Liaison friends, showing where Kantara has incubated
others (eg IDPro) assurance-programs and groups explainers

*33% Current WGs and DGs*
All groups, a max 10 min. presentation from 'not-responding' WGs and DGs
groups giving most of this segment to UMA and ANCR, which already responded
to our call with specific subjects and are happy to contribute.

*33% Workshop*
include the audience with a discussion Question.. e.g. What will be the
most challenging topic in Identity for the next 5 years.
Sort/ Categorize answers and then discuss (panel + audience)

--
Thorsten H. Niebuhr
Geschäftsführender Gesellschafter /CEO
tniebuhr at wedacon.net