[KI-LC] Proposal for Discussion Group

John Wunderlich john at wunderlich.ca
Thu Sep 24 12:56:27 UTC 2020

Ken;

"Bases" is borrowed from GDPR article 6. It's a typo. Should be  basis for
processing. Consent is one of those. But there are also legitimate interest
or law enforcement which do not require consent. In most data protection
law, consent is one, but not the only basis for processing. Given that mDL
issuers do so as a legal requirement, it would be a mistake, in my view, to
privilege consent above other bases.

reworded section is: while many relying parties will only have a legitimate
basis for selected subsets...

Have a better than average day,
John

"The sad truth is that most evil is done by people who never make up their
minds to be good or evil.” ― Hannah Arendt
<https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/12806.Hannah_Arendt>, The Life of
the Mind <https://www.goodreads.com/work/quotes/122534>