[KI-LC] Proposal for Discussion Group

Ken Dagg kendaggtbs at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 11:41:11 UTC 2020

John,

In the “Purpose” section the phrase “... only have legitimate bases for
selected subsets of the identity related data ...” is used.  I’m not sure
that “bases” is the correct word.  Would the following phrase be more
appropriate, “... only have legitimate rationale to access selected subsets
of the identity related data ...”?

In the same phrase the words “legitimate rationale” are used.  To highlight
the concept of consent would the word “permitted” be more appropriate. That
is, the phrase becomes, “... are only permitted to access selected subsets
of the identity related data ...”.

As I mentioned during yesterday’s call, even though they might provide a
more academic (as opposed to a practical implementable) perspective, I
would recommend the addition of individuals with an interest in privacy
protection interest in the “Audience” section.  In my opinion, the primary
editor of the report has the responsibility to weigh the inputs from all DG
participants into a consensus opinion for the final report.

My two cents,
Ken