[KI-LC] Kantara Members Across the World (map)

Armin Kathrein armin at kantarainitiative.org
Thu Oct 22 19:44:12 UTC 2020

Hi all,

I would like to respond on some points.

1. It will take about 2 min to make a new entry in the map, and about 1 minute to delete an entry. This is almost no time at all, and since there are only a handful new/expired members each month it’s almost no time staff will take to maintain the maps.
At the other hand, the time that it will take to make a script, test the script and launch the script will be way more. I think that the minimum time to develop the script will be the same as 100 entries, 100 entries that we will reach in maybe a whole year.
And the other problem that we have is that someone always have to be sure to fill in the correct location, if this isn’t the latitude/altitude then we have to use another service that transforms the postal codes to these lat/alt. In short words it’s too much time to develop this script looking at how many minutes it takes to do it on our own.
2. I can mark the entry differently as the tooltip/popup, so when I have to make this change I will do it right away.
3. I will look into this, tho I’m not very positive that this is possible.
4. Sorry, can you explain a little bit more this point?

Thanks for all the input so far.

Armin Kathrein
IT Web Admin/maintenance

Kantara Initiative Inc.