[KI-LC] Kantara Members Across the World (map)

Andrew Hughes andrewhughes3000 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 14:50:58 UTC 2020

Very cool!

A couple items...
- why is there staff time involved? This should be relatively simple to run
a script from our member list into whatever format is needed by the map
tool Then run it monthly - maybe staff time to load the new list into the
map tool, but certainly no staff time to do data entry and manual tracking.
- all the 'individual' members should be shown on the map as 'Individual'
until they opt in to showing their name on the map (no opt-out!) - that
would drive a boolean in the member list that would show/hide their actual
name on the data conversion. Company members should simply be informed that
there's a new benefit automatically included in their membership.
- If it's possible: at low zoom levels, all the country members should
aggregate into a single country circle - possibly with the circle diameter
related to the number of members. At higher zoom levels, the country
circles could break out into state/province circles. Not sure if city-level
breakout is interesting.
- I doubt this bit is possible :-) but have a way to put each continental
area in the middle of the map so the person viewer can move around :-)

*Andrew Hughes *CISM CISSP

o  +1 650.209.7542
m +1 250.888.9474
5043 Del Monte Ave., Victoria, BC V8Y 1W9
AndrewHughes3000 at gmail.com