[KI-LC] AGM Slide deck (in development)

Colin Wallis Kantara colin at kantarainitiative.org
Thu Nov 26 16:11:08 UTC 2020

Thanks Ken

<<inline>>

On Thu, Nov 26, 2020 at 12:05 AM Ken Dagg <kendaggtbs at gmail.com> wrote:

> Colin,
>
> Your slides:
>
> I have a concern that you have 7 slides to deliver in 10 minutes.  It’s
> going to be what I used to call “foil flap”. I suggest removing slide 8 and
> changing the others as follows in order to let them flow. You’ll really
> have to manage your time ... you have a lot to say.
>
> <<CW: Ok.. yes, I understood the challenge which was why they were headed
'Reminder' so I could 'remind' folks of the organization they are a member
of, and move through them quite quickly... not quite the same as explaining
to an audience that has never heard of Kantara. But your point to reduce
slides is well taken. And on top of this I was hoping to play the Video
too..>>

> Slide 4: changed the order so that you can cover the slide in under 1
> minute.

<<CW: Great, thanks>>

> Slide 6 (Organizational Structure). I didn’t think that LC reported to the
> Board.

<<CW: As you know the LC is autonomous but it is accountable to the Board
because of liability. The board holds the pen on the Insurance for the
org.. Public Liability, Errors and Omissions, Directors and Officers.. so
if the LC screws up in any of those areas then.. The thing is I have never
been able to get this slide of Andrew's to edit well.. I always wanted to
put the dotted line from the LC up to the Board.  If you can find an easy
way, that would be terrific!>>

> Slide 7: added classes of approval. I think this allows slide 8 to be
> removed.

<<CW: Yes, for the purposes of this exercise that may work, if no
other slide can be sacrificed>>

> Slide 9: higher expenses to revenue could raise questions. Do we want
> them? Do we remove the $ amounts?

<<CW: Well, that's an option I guess. Being transparent about the reality
might have 2 advantages..1) Transparency and good practice 2) members
having this information might motivate them to do more to maintain
Kantara.  Happy to take suggestions and support the majority view>>.

> IAWG Slide: I’ve added a slide for IAWG.

<<CW: Thanks! Lots of activity to go on the record for IAWG then!>>

> My two cents,
> Ken

<<CW: Revision attached, with some updates from Ruth and I>>
 Kantara Orientation Updated 20201126.pptx
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1glGdZAYPOWr2P39_XX83MwG3RHkm20n7/view?usp=drive_web>