[KI-LC] New Kantara award for participant contributions

Ken Dagg kendaggtbs at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 19:31:12 UTC 2020

Andrew,

I apologize for IAWG being late with this nomination.

The IAWG leadership team’s nomination for the 2020 Kantara Award for
Exemplary Contributions in the field of trustworthy use of Identity and
Personal Data is:

Richard G Wilsher

Richard is CEO of Zygma Inc a Kantara Certified Assessor.  Zygma offers a
range of information security and identity management audit and consultancy
services.

In 2020 Richard continued to be a regular attendee of IAWG meetings where
he always provided insightful comments.  His insights were instrumental in
developing feedback to requests for comments on documents from various
jurisdictions such as the following:

·         multiple components of the Pan Canadian Trust Framework (PCTF)
from the Digital Identification and Authentication Council of Canada
(DIACC),

·         NIST SP 800-63 Rev 3 on potential changes that could be included
in Rev 4,

·         the European Union eIDAS (electronic IDentification,
Authentication and trust Services) Regulation,

·         the UK Digital Identity Strategy (DIS) from the UK Government
Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS),

·         the Digital Identity Scotland (DIS) Scottish Attribute Provider
Service (SAPS), and

·         the Enterprise Digital Identity Program including Digital Wallet
Market Consultation from the Canadian Province of Ontario.

Richard was also the key contributor to the development and update of the
following Kantara IAF documents during 2020:

·         editor, under a Kantara contract funded by an ID.me donation, in
the IAWG effort that developed Service Assessment Criteria (SAC) for use by
Kantara Accredited Assessors to assess that Services are compliant with the
requirements of NIST Special Publication 800-63 Rev 3 Federation Assurance
at Level 2 and 3 (FAL2 and FAL3), Authentication Assurance at level 3
(AAL3), and Identity Assurance at level 3 (IAL3).  In undertaking the
effort he facilitated, over a ten week period, a special sub-group of
Subject Matter Experts from the IAWG;

·         co-editor of the IAWG effort that updated the IAF Glossary and
Overview; and

·         editor in the ARB effort that revised the IAF Service Assessment
Handbook.

Richard was also the primary advisor to the Kantara Assurance Review Board
(ARB) where he provided technical advice to the ARB as well as being the
editor of the IAF documents which are under the ARB’s control.

In addition to his contributions to Kantara, Richard also contributed to
the development of ISO standards through his participation on several work
groups.

Ken Dagg

Chair, IAWG

613-825-2091 kendaggtbs at gmail.com