[KI-LC] [BoD] Inviting your thoughts re a return of the Kantara summer webinar Series

Colin Wallis Kantara colin at kantarainitiative.org
Tue May 19 14:06:25 UTC 2020

Thank you Julian.

digi.me's support in these promotion and outreach efforts is very much
appreciated.

Any other signals 'thumbs up' or 'thumbs down' from the Board or LC?

I do have some ideas for topic areas forming in my head.

One revolves around different government programs, with the support of our
government members.

Another revolves around the really interesting concepts from Kantara member
MIT and James Hazard to address the current issues of the operation of
markets. "There is often great difficulty for participants to find one
another, establish appropriate terms and enforce agreements resulting in
[...] domination by stronger players and “platforms” and difficulty of
public oversight. These folks are starting to conceptualize a general
solution to this problem based on a participant-driven “graph” of contracts
and decisions, accelerated and kept in continuous learning mode by AI-based
pattern-matching".

If we were to add a showcase of the current project work in the ISI-WG,
possibly UMA, and the Identity Assurance program, we would only be shy of
another 1 or at most 2 topics to bring the idea of a return to our summer
webinar series, to reality.

So, again, any other signals 'thumbs up' or 'thumbs down' from the Board or
LC?

Kind regards
Colin