[KI-LC] [BoD] InConfidence: An approach from Women in Identity

Julian Ranger Julian at jranger.com
Thu Feb 6 16:05:01 UTC 2020

Ditto to Robin

From: Directors <directors-bounces at kantarainitiative.org> On Behalf Of Robin Wilton
Sent: 06 February 2020 15:46
To: Colin Wallis Kantara <colin at kantarainitiative.org>
Subject: Re: [BoD] InConfidence: An approach from Women in Identity

Good people, good cause… good idea!

On 6 Feb 2020, at 14:54, Colin Wallis Kantara <colin at kantarainitiative.org<mailto:colin at kantarainitiative.org>> wrote:

Folks

Just a heads up and as always welcoming your views, support or otherwise.

Emma Lindley from WiID reached out regarding an emerging idea they have around unconscious bias in the (IT/identity) workplace.  This topic has been trending recently.

Anyway the idea is to create a Code of Practice or similar expanding into a kind of Framework within which it might fit, and possibly ultimately a standard once there is implementation experience and sufficient structure to develop Assessment Criteria for.

WiID is looking for potential places where this could be hosted ... Kantara is circling around the top of that list.

They have some unconfirmed sponsorship interest from a large FS organization and are seeking more from the Foundations we know/know of, so it's not as if we would be doing this all on our own dime.

The thought is a WG (given a CoP is the near-term target) as a main reference group with perhaps some kind of small editing group doing the heavy lifting.

Timing seems to indicate an April start.
That suggests developing Charters, getting LC approval, building the Wiki etc in March ...
LC, what do you think?

Separate from this Andi and I were on a different call this morning with our new liaison partners, UK based ADPP, around the potential to use Kantara's community group infrastructure to develop some kind of privacy software assessment and conformance. More to come there.

2 approaches for WGs from externals in one morning - whew!..

Kind regards
Colin
Executive Director
Cell or Signal: +44 (0)7490 266 778