[KI-LC] InConfidence: An approach from Women in Identity

Andrew Hughes andrewhughes3000 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 6 15:24:55 UTC 2020

Both opportunities very interesting - from an alignment view, a joint value
creator view, supporting the practice view and attracting a different core
audience view.

On Thu, Feb 6, 2020 at 11:55 PM Colin Wallis Kantara <
colin at kantarainitiative.org> wrote:

> Folks
>
> Just a heads up and as always welcoming your views, support or otherwise.
>
> Emma Lindley from WiID reached out regarding an emerging idea they have
> around unconscious bias in the (IT/identity) workplace.  This topic has
> been trending recently.
>
> Anyway the idea is to create a Code of Practice or similar expanding into
> a kind of Framework within which it might fit, and possibly ultimately a
> standard once there is implementation experience and sufficient structure
> to develop Assessment Criteria for.
>
> WiID is looking for potential places where this could be hosted ...
> Kantara is circling around the top of that list.
>
> They have some unconfirmed sponsorship interest from a large FS
> organization and are seeking more from the Foundations we know/know of, so
> it's not as if we would be doing this all on our own dime.
>
> The thought is a WG (given a CoP is the near-term target) as a main
> reference group with perhaps some kind of small editing group doing the
> heavy lifting.
>
> Timing seems to indicate an April start.
> That suggests developing Charters, getting LC approval, building the Wiki
> etc in March ...
> LC, what do you think?
>
> Separate from this Andi and I were on a different call this morning with
> our new liaison partners, UK based ADPP, around the potential to use
> Kantara's community group infrastructure to develop some kind of privacy
> software assessment and conformance. More to come there.
>
> 2 approaches for WGs from externals in one morning - whew!..
>
> Kind regards
> Colin
> Executive Director
> Cell or Signal: +44 (0)7490 266 778
> @KantaraNews @KantaraColin Blog
> <https://kantarainitiative.org/confluence/display/GI/Director%27s+Corner>
> or sign up to receive news
> <https://signup.e2ma.net/signup/1889513/1769625/>
> Delivering 3rd party Assurance for NIST SP 800-63-3 Level 2
> <https://kantarainitiative.org/kantara-initiative-first-to-market-with-nist-sp-800-63-3-third-party-assessment-approval-and-trust-mark/>
> Kantara Initiative <https://kantarainitiative.org/about/10th-anniversary/>
> , Kantara Educational Foundation
> <https://edufoundation.kantarainitiative.org> & Kantara Europe
> <https://kantarainitiative.eu/>

Andrew Hughes CISM CISSP
o  +1 650.209.7542 m +1 250.888.9474
5043 Del Monte Ave,, Victoria, BC V8Y 1W9
AndrewHughes3000 at gmail.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/andrew-hughes-682058a
Digital Identity | International Standards | Information Security