[KI-LC] [EXTERNAL] Re: Shaping the form of the Kantara mDL WG

Colin Wallis Kantara colin at kantarainitiative.org
Mon Apr 6 13:56:29 UTC 2020

That's great input David.

Thank you very much!

Indeed, I began promoting the white paper here in my Director's Corner blog
<https://kantarainitiative.org/confluence/display/GI/2020%3A+March> about
half way down the page. And we have it planned to be promo'd again in the
mid-month newsletter in 10 days time that goes to a mix of members and non
members. We also have it scheduled on Social, to help promote the 1st
Webinar that STA is running.

So if I'm understanding correctly, the suggestion is that we do a kind of
lightweight profile of our existing 80-63-3 Service Assessment Criteria
(SACs) against the mDL provisioning requirements.

If so, that suggests to me that the essence of the work would be a mapping
of those requirements to the 63-3 requirements, out of which will come the
subset of our SACs that are applicable to the mDL provisioning use case.

If that is also correct, the Identity Assurance WG has its work cut out
because - whether we continue forming this mDL WG, or do that work as yet
another sub-group of the IAWG, we will need folks familiar with both the
63-3 requirements and Kantara's SACs developed to enable consistent
assessment against the requirements...

This will certainly be in the forefront of the IAWG (and LC) leads minds on
this list and others also here that work on the SACs in the IAWG.  There's
2 or 3 projects already in play there already, but I'll leave it to the
folks closer to it than me to comment on feasibility and timings.

Thanks again David. This has certainly given us something to chew on!;-).

Kind regards
Colin
Executive Director
Cell or Signal: +44 (0)7490 266 778
@KantaraNews @KantaraColin Blog
<https://kantarainitiative.org/confluence/display/GI/Director%27s+Corner>
or sign up to receive news <https://signup.e2ma.net/signup/1889513/1769625/>
Delivering 3rd party Assurance for NIST SP 800-63-3 Level 2
<https://kantarainitiative.org/kantara-initiative-first-to-market-with-nist-sp-800-63-3-third-party-assessment-approval-and-trust-mark/>
Kantara Initiative
<https://kantarainitiative.org/about/10th-anniversary/>, Kantara
Educational