[KI-LC] Women in Identity's Inclusion Project - call for sponsors

Colin Wallis Kantara colin at kantarainitiative.org
Sun Apr 5 21:23:48 UTC 2020

Hello everyone.

I trust we are all staying safe and well.

The Board and LC have been aware of this project, and Kantara's involvement
in it, for a couple of months now.

In short, WiID wants to develop a Code of Conduct and associated framework
for Inclusion. It approached us to help because they don't have a WG
development and publishing platform. In February the Board agreed in
principle to continue engagement. Since then WiID has been shopping
this attached brief around, looking for sponsors for the workstreams. 2
sponsors did in fact step up, but the strings attached in both (pretty much
'here is our policy and we will sponsor it to be logoed by us and become
yours' rather than something more community developed) meant that WiID was
not so comfortable with the optics. Given the current situation, recently I
offered to 'play it forward'.. that we would front the costs of the
platform and publishing, with a kind of IOU for consideration in
future times. It was gratefully accepted.

But the thing is, before we get to our part (the latter steps in these 6
workstreams in the file attached) there is research etc needed to
deliver the earlier steps.  While they are shopping it to the usual
suspects (Omidyar, Gates etc) they are also sharing it with us given our
ethics and ethos, to see if our lead organizations or larger ones in the
membership, might be interested in sponsoring the research..either with
Corporate Social Responsibility budget money or pro-bono if the applicable
capability exists in-house.

Is this of interest? (appreciating you will have to run it past folks
internally in most cases). They need to have expressions of interest before
the end of the month and hopefully sooner, to keep up the momentum on this.

Kind regards
Colin
Executive Director
Cell or Signal: +44 (0)7490 266 778
@KantaraNews @KantaraColin Blog
<https://kantarainitiative.org/confluence/display/GI/Director%27s+Corner>
or sign up to receive news <https://signup.e2ma.net/signup/1889513/1769625/>
Delivering 3rd party Assurance for NIST SP 800-63-3 Level 2
<https://kantarainitiative.org/kantara-initiative-first-to-market-with-nist-sp-800-63-3-third-party-assessment-approval-and-trust-mark/>
Kantara Initiative
<https://kantarainitiative.org/about/10th-anniversary/>, Kantara
Educational