[KI-LC] Agenda Suggestions; Members plenary SFO Oct 3. 10am (IIW week)

Colin Wallis Kantara colin at kantarainitiative.org
Thu Sep 19 10:14:34 UTC 2019

Thanks John

And PS in this sentence is.. Privilege Systems?..  "to consider how to
future proof both our organization and our standards against scrutiny on
issues of equity and privilege and PS, do the right thing..."

Well, it's certainly not somewhere where hitherto, we have explicitly gone,
because the demand for x or y specification has come from the development
and vendor community in our belief that they are proxies for their
customers. Since our work is free and open and we have no control over who
downloads and the circumstances in which they use it, it's challenging for
us for sure. Maybe there are tags or some other trigger mechanisms we could
use on specs functionally capable of doing so, to track such use.

All the more reason to try and dial in remotely to help contextualise your
concern, and build some ideas.

I expect LC Chair Andrew is leading the member plenary part so over to you
Sir!