[KI-LC] A thought about Projects vs Groups

Colin Wallis Kantara colin at kantarainitiative.org
Mon Nov 11 16:42:47 UTC 2019

Greetings Chairs

I was on a call today with Mark Farmer, Virtual Inc's Sponsorship lead. As
we chatted, he drew some parallels with some similar orgs that are clients
of theirs and mentioned one that relies on sponsorship significantly, has
moved away from groups, and actually just does projects... over 100 of them
in this case.

Thinking about how we get tangled up with different projects in one group
which is bound to one IPR regime, I had the thought that it might be a way
forward for us too.

What do you think?