[KI-LC] August's Director's Corner is up.

Ken Dagg kendaggtbs at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 19:10:28 UTC 2018

Colin,

Some suggestions:

1) I find this sentence a little long and hard to read/follow:
“And in a conference containing more theory than practice, the interop
demo, Adrian Gropper’s demo of HIE of One with UMA <http://hieofone.org/> and
my own presentation on the many ways in which Kantara delivers on the 6
MyData principles, Kantara showed the personal data community, if any
further proof was needed, ‘others talk, we do’.”

I’d suggest the following:
“Kantara, in a conference containing more theory than practice, showed the
personal data community with the interop demo, Adrian Gropper’s demo of HIE
of One with UMA <http://hieofone.org/> and my own presentation on the many
ways in which Kantara delivers on the 6 MyData principles that, ‘while
others talk, we do’.”

2) the same for these sentences:
“In the US, Kantara's Assurance Review Board
<https://kantarainitiative.org/trustoperations/arb/>, the executive sub
committee of the main Board governing the Trust Framework Operations and
Assurance program 3rd party-approved ID.me <https://www.id.me/>, the first
ever Service Provider conforming to NIST SP 800-63-3 Identity Assurance at
IAL2 & AAL2 with several additional providers now in the queue for approval
and grant of Trust Mark through Kantara’s Trust Framework Operations
Programme. It got extensive press coverage but you can read the combined
press release here
<https://kantarainitiative.org/id-me-becomes-first-identity-provider-to-be-approved-as-nist-800-63-3-conformant/>
that
started that wave of interest, some of which you can see here
<https://kantarainitiative.org/category/in-the-news/>.”

I’d suggest the following:
“In the US, Kantara's Assurance Review Board
<https://kantarainitiative.org/trustoperations/arb/>, the executive sub
committee of the main Board governing the Trust Framework Operations and
Assurance programme, recommended to Kantara’s Board that ID.me
<https://www.id.me/> be granted a Trust Mark as the first Credential
Service Provider that conformed to NIST SP 800-63-3 Identity Assurance at
IAL2 & AAL2. The extensive press coverage (read the combined press release
here
<https://kantarainitiative.org/id-me-becomes-first-identity-provider-to-be-approved-as-nist-800-63-3-conformant/>
) that the grant of Trust Mark received, has started a wave as several
additional providers (some of which you can see here
<https://kantarainitiative.org/category/in-the-news/>) joining the queue
for approval and grant of Trust Mark through Kantara’s Trust Framework
Operations Programme.”

3) I find the following sentence a little awkward:
“With the transition of IDESG's assets into the newly established 501c3
entity, the Kantara Initiative Educational Foundation Inc, taking much of
our resources in July, August was a period of consolidation as the IDEF WG
<https://kantarainitiative.org/groups/idef/> began to take shape with
further work drafting done on its charter.”

I’d suggest the following:
“The transition of IDESG's assets into the newly established 501c3 entity
(the Kantara Initiative Educational Foundation Inc) was completed in July
and August. This was a period of consolidation with the IDEF WG
<https://kantarainitiative.org/groups/idef/> beginning to take shape with
further work drafting its charter.”

4) I’d also suggest changing the following sentence to improve readability:
“Regarding DTA's webinar hosted by Kantara's eGov WG we ran out of time to
answer several of the more detailed questions, so the eGov Working Group
has resolved to approach DTA to do a follow-up 'deep dive' on some specific
aspects of the Trust Framework and technical architecture. ”

I think the following reads more clearly:
”We ran out of time during DTA's webinar to answer several of the more
detailed questions. The eGov Working Group, as the host of the seminar, has
resolved to approach DTA to do a follow-up 'deep dive' on some specific
aspects of the Trust Framework and technical architecture. ”

5) I know that they have taken a while but do we really need to say “the
much delayed revision” with respect to the Operating Procedures?

Ken

613-825-2091 kendaggtbs at gmail.com