[KI-LC] Seeking your views on Kantara joining the MyData consortium

John Wunderlich john at wunderlich.ca
Thu Oct 11 13:49:25 UTC 2018

I’ve joined as an individual. I abstain

From: LC <lc-bounces at kantarainitiative.org> on behalf of Colin Wallis <colin at kantarainitiative.org>
Date: Wednesday, October 10, 2018 at 07:47
To: Kantara Leadership Council <lc at kantarainitiative.org>
Subject: [KI-LC] Seeking your views on Kantara joining the MyData consortium

Folks

Many of you know or know of MyData.

https://mydata.org/

Once upon a time, there was talk of them being incubated by Kantara, similar to the ID Pro model. But we couldn't agree terms so they have proceeded to do their own thing.

Nonetheless there is a good level of support cross-over and we have a congenial relationship if not a hugely mutually supportive one.

Typically I would not consider Kantara paying fees to another non profit, but this one has borrowed much from our model and from an ethics and ethos POV very similar.

So I think that in this case, it's reasonable to consider it, (and as Andrew suggested when I ran this past him yesterday) even if for a year or so to see how it goes.

Cost is very reasonable (non profits get 50% off a membership fee, and Kantara is classed as a micro business in EU terms) brings us in at €250 and about the same in US$.

https://mydata.org/mydata-global-membership-application/

In your opinion Chairs, Yes or No?

Thanks
Colin

Executive Director
Cell: +44 (0)7490 266 778
@KantaraColin
Kantara Consent Receipt and UMA are 2 of the top 5<https://identiverse.com/2017/12/18/five-identity-trends-watch-2018/>
Kantara Initiative<https://kantarainitiative.org/>, Kantara Educational Foundation<https://edufoundation.kantarainitiative.org> & Kantara Europe
[https://drive.google.com/uc?id=0B7y8c3lrgRtUUjRFMHFMQm1BR3M&export=download]

intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee
you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify
the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by
mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. If you are not the
strictly prohibited.