[KI-LC] Seeking your views on Kantara joining the MyData consortium

Colin Wallis Kantara colin at kantarainitiative.org
Wed Oct 10 11:47:01 UTC 2018

Folks

Many of you know or know of MyData.

https://mydata.org/

Once upon a time, there was talk of them being incubated by Kantara,
similar to the ID Pro model. But we couldn't agree terms so they have
proceeded to do their own thing.

Nonetheless there is a good level of support cross-over and we have a
congenial relationship if not a hugely mutually supportive one.

Typically I would not consider Kantara paying fees to another non profit,
but this one has borrowed much from our model and from an ethics and ethos
POV very similar.

So I think that in this case, it's reasonable to consider it, (and as
Andrew suggested when I ran this past him yesterday) even if for a year or
so to see how it goes.

Cost is very reasonable (non profits get 50% off a membership fee, and
Kantara is classed as a micro business in EU terms) brings us in at €250
and about the same in US$.

https://mydata.org/mydata-global-membership-application/

In your opinion Chairs, Yes or No?

Thanks
Colin

Executive Director
Cell: +44 (0)7490 266 778
@KantaraColin
Kantara Consent Receipt and UMA are 2 of the top 5
<https://identiverse.com/2017/12/18/five-identity-trends-watch-2018/>
Kantara Initiative <https://kantarainitiative.org/>, Kantara Educational
Foundation <https://edufoundation.kantarainitiative.org> & Kantara Europe