[KI-LC] New version of Operating Procedures

Colin Wallis Kantara colin at kantarainitiative.org
Thu Oct 4 08:14:14 UTC 2018

Thanks both

Trying to parse Andrew's comment...
I think it is that he suggests the modification to the Ops Procs would be
that certain 'non material' (here we go again with needing clearly defining
the terms at the outset) changes would not be subject to an AMB, and just
voted as a super - majority of the LC.
If that's the case, it might be better to revise the current wording of the
Note for the reduction in Public Comment and IPR Review Period, so that it
captures both PC and IPR RP and AMB consistently.
Off hand, I can't think of a situation where we might have a need for an
AMB but zero PC and IPR RP (as the OPs Procs are currently written), so I
think if the latter is Zero, the AMB is not applicable. If we have a
reduced PC and IPR RP for whatever reason, we could conceivably have no
AMB, but I think it is getting marginal. What we cannot have, is a reduced
AMB.
So the options we shoud allow are:
1) zero PC and IPR RP with no AMB.
2) reduced PC and IPR RP with normal AMB
3) normal 45 day PC and IPR RP and normal 15 day AMB.

Thoughts?

Executive Director
Cell: +44 (0)7490 266 778
@KantaraColin
Kantara Consent Receipt and UMA are 2 of the top 5
<https://identiverse.com/2017/12/18/five-identity-trends-watch-2018/>
Kantara Initiative <https://kantarainitiative.org/>, Kantara Educational
Foundation <https://edufoundation.kantarainitiative.org> & Kantara Europe