[KI-LC] New version of Operating Procedures

Andrew Hughes andrewhughes3000 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 04:50:24 UTC 2018

Hi Ken - I understand the need, but don’t think it serves us well to allow
instant turn-around all-member ballots.

AMBs are not only to register positive approvals, but also to register
objections. It would be a difficult position to defend if a member was
unavailable for one day, missed both the call and close of a ballot, then
tried to object.

A quirk of numbers is that the entire LC could almost make AMB quorum,
especially if a couple more groups are created.

So it might just be better to allow LC to approve such things directly
rather that pretending to increase oversight by AMB.

Andrew.

--
Andrew Hughes CISM CISSP
AndrewHughes3000 at gmail.com