[KI-LC] New version of Operating Procedures

Ken Dagg kendaggtbs at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 00:54:46 UTC 2018

Andrew,

Based on IAWG’s attempt to publish the recent revisions it made to the IAF
SAC, I would like to suggest the following modification to Section 7.7.1.3
(All-Member Ballot for Recommendation Approval) of the Operating
Procedures. This modification will enable the LC to authorize a zero day
All-Member Ballot period for revisions that have no impact on affected
parties (e.g., CSPs or Assessors). The impact of the revision will allow
revisions to be put into place as soon as possible to meet operational
requirements.

Ken

================

SECTION 7.7.1.3: All-Member Ballot for Recommendation Approval

The LC Secretary shall then initiate the All-Member Ballot. This ballot
shall be conducted electronically and shall be open for a minimum of 15
days.

The voting record by the All-Member ballot shall be publicly available upon
completion of the ballot.

NOTE: The LC can, by Super Majority vote of the LC, reduce the duration of
the All-Member Ballot period for non-material editorial changes to a
Kantara Initiative Candidate Recommendation. The decision must take into
consideration the impact of changes on affected parties (e.g., CSPs,
Assessors). The decision and rationale shall be reported to the Board of
Directors at the next Board of Directors meeting.

A notice describing the All-Member Ballot period reduction shall be
included as part of the voting record for the All-Member ballot.

613-825-2091 kendaggtbs at gmail.com