[KI-LC] Kantara - Draft charter for new DG for Identity Proofing/Assurance

Andrew Hughes andrewhughes3000 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 4 17:19:55 UTC 2018

Hi everyone - I'm proposing a new Discussion Group to collect use cases to
inform development of an Identity Assurance Framework at ISO SC 27 / WG 5
(Identity management and privacy technologies).

*Leadership Council* - I will be sending this for approval by electronic
ballot this week.

I have reached out to several providers and/or consumers of identity
proofing or identity verification services, and I think there is enough
support to do this.

The output of the DG will be a Kantara Report containing the use cases and
perhaps some light analysis. This report will then be contributed into the
ISO study period on this topic (I'm a Rapporteur on it), in time for the
February 2019 deadline.

Please take a look and let me know what you think - and if you are
interested in contributing your use cases and/or participating in weekly
calls.

PS Ruth - can you please forward this to the Kantara Approved CSPs and
those in the pipeline?

If all goes smoothly, I expect to be ready to roll with the DG in a few
weeks.

thanks
andrew.

*Andrew Hughes *CISM CISSP