[KI-LC] Download form turned into a GPA - what do you think?

Andrew Hughes andrewhughes3000 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 21:59:21 UTC 2018

As a Chair, I'd prefer to avoid giving incentive to downloaders to enter
garbage data just to get the report - it's hard enough as it is to keep
tabs on who is on the WG Rosters. As a downloader, I would not want to sign
an agreement to get the document - I'd just abandon and go to the next hit
in Google search results. If I found the material interesting, I might be
interested in circling back to find out more.

Considering the thread so far, I see some potential requirements:

1) A way to measure interest in the publications (right now this is
download counting)
2) Identify as many potential Kantara members as possible (right now this
is the form-before-download data)
3) Reduce followup load on the pipeline of potential members
4) Reduce or remove gates to download some of the publications (e.g.
Reports)
5) Clarify publication usage licensing (e.g. improve the Notices and other
boilerplate text; OR inform the downloader of licensing)
6) Strengthen downloader's commitment to the IPR Policy (I don't understand
this one - I see the IPR Policy as pertinent to contributions not usage
license)
7) Restrict access/license for some publications to be for Members-only

*Andrew Hughes *CISM CISSP

o  +1 650.209.7542
m +1 250.888.9474
1249 Palmer Road, Victoria, BC V8P 2H8