[KI-LC] Download form turned into a GPA - what do you think?

Colin Wallis colin at kantarainitiative.org
Wed Feb 28 17:33:37 UTC 2018


So to be clear.. my suggestion is that ALL downloads sign a GPA, to in
effect bind them to the IPR in a more explicit way than a notice on the
docs, whose processes we are explaining more in the new version of the OPs
Procs (only seen by Ken and Sal, not all Chairs yet).

I'm proposing that 'Members only' downloads is a sub set of ALL downloads.

I will respond in more detail to Sal when I'm not on the move..

Cheers
Colin

Executive Director
Cell: +44 (0)7490 266 778
@KantaraColin

Kantara Consent Receipt and UMA are 2 of the top 5
<https://identiverse.com/2017/12/18/five-identity-trends-watch-2018/>
See Kantara's 2017 Great Work!
<https://kantarainitiative.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=96437567>

Kantara Initiative Inc <https://kantarainitiative.org/> & Kantara
Initiative, Europe



On Wed, Feb 28, 2018 at 3:10 PM, Andrew Hughes <andrewhughes3000 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I read Colin’s note as meaning ALL downloads. The ‘members only’ part
> sounded separate.
> On Wed, Feb 28, 2018 at 6:51 AM Salvatore D'Agostino <sal at idmachines.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I agree on far and wide, I thought you were trying to administer
>> something restricted.  Happy to use “your” form.
>>
>>
>>
>> *From:* Andrew Hughes [mailto:andrewhughes3000 at gmail.com]
>> *Sent:* Wednesday, February 28, 2018 9:44 AM
>> *To:* sal at idmachines.com
>> *Cc:* Colin Wallis <colin at kantarainitiative.org>; Kantara Leadership
>> Council <lc at kantarainitiative.org>; Ruth Puente <
>> ruth at kantarainitiative.org>; Oliver Maerz <oliver at kantarainitiative.org>
>> *Subject:* Re: [KI-LC] Download form turned into a GPA - what do you
>> think?
>>
>>
>>
>> I’m not keen on this.
>>
>> I think publications should be circulated far and wide - the more eyes
>> that see them, the better.
>>
>> The weak part in our pubs is a) a text describing the what and why of
>> Kantara, b) a citation line that can be cut/pasted by someone wanting to
>> acknowledge it in a bibliography (I have added this to the master doc
>> template and some recent publications have it on their cover pages), c) a
>> license statement, d) a “licensed to” watermark if PDF.
>>
>> I think the form before download is a clunky but reasonable trade off (I
>> suggested it, so blame me if you don’t like it).
>>
>> Andrew.
>>
>> On Wed, Feb 28, 2018 at 6:17 AM Salvatore D'Agostino <sal at idmachines.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> I think to stay clean on the IP you have to join to group and sign  its
>> GPA.  What is the group?
>>
>>
>>
>> (which means you have multiple GPA’s w/ Kantara),
>>
>>
>>
>> Have just read the operating procedures the Secretary, if I remember,
>> keeps track of documents at what phase distributed in what manner and where
>> appropriate, to whom.
>>
>>
>>
>> *From:* LC [mailto:lc-bounces at kantarainitiative.org] *On Behalf Of *Colin
>> Wallis
>> *Sent:* Wednesday, February 28, 2018 5:58 AM
>> *To:* Kantara Leadership Council <lc at kantarainitiative.org>
>> *Cc:* Ruth Puente <ruth at kantarainitiative.org>; Oliver Maerz <
>> oliver at kantarainitiative.org>
>>
>>
>> *Subject:* [KI-LC] Download form turned into a GPA - what do you think?
>>
>>
>>
>> Folks
>>
>>
>>
>> A couple of things have prompted me to think about this.
>>
>>
>>
>> 1) the new Ops Procs draft where we are being clearer about the process
>> if someone deploys a Kantara Tec Spec but is not in conformance with the
>> normative requirements and
>>
>>
>>
>> 2) Ruth and Oliver working on a way to manage the 800-63-3 SACs
>> spreadsheet available for download to 'members only'.
>>
>>
>>
>> In an effort to bind the downloader into the Kantara WG that produced the
>> publication, I thought we could have them sign the GPA and join that Group.
>>
>>
>>
>> Chairs would have to be stricter on those that chose to be voting
>> members, to reclassify them etc, but the effect of having downloaders GPA'd
>> into the Group has some positive downstream effects in terms of keeping in
>> touch with potential deployers etc etc.
>>
>>
>>
>> What do you think?
>>
>>
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Colin
>>
>>
>> Executive Director
>>
>> Cell: +44 (0)7490 266 778 <+44%207490%20266778>
>>
>> @KantaraColin
>>
>>
>>
>> Kantara Consent Receipt and UMA are 2 of the top 5
>> <https://identiverse.com/2017/12/18/five-identity-trends-watch-2018/>
>>
>> See Kantara's 2017 Great Work!
>> <https://kantarainitiative.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=96437567>
>>
>>
>> Kantara Initiative Inc <https://kantarainitiative.org/> & Kantara
>> Initiative, Europe
>>
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> LC mailing list
>> LC at kantarainitiative.org
>> https://kantarainitiative.org/mailman/listinfo/lc
>>
>> --
>>
>> *Andrew Hughes *CISM CISSP
>> Independent Consultant
>> *In Turn Information Management Consulting*
>>
>> o  +1 650.209.7542 <(650)%20209-7542>
>> m +1 250.888.9474 <(250)%20888-9474>
>> 1249 Palmer Road,
>> <https://maps.google.com/?q=1249+Palmer+Road,+Victoria,+BC+V8P+2H8&entry=gmail&source=g>
>> Victoria, BC V8P 2H8
>> <https://maps.google.com/?q=1249+Palmer+Road,+Victoria,+BC+V8P+2H8&entry=gmail&source=g>
>> AndrewHughes3000 at gmail.com
>> ca.linkedin.com/pub/andrew-hughes/a/58/682/
>> *Identity Management | IT Governance | Information Security *
>>
> --
>
> *Andrew Hughes *CISM CISSP
> Independent Consultant
> *In Turn Information Management Consulting*
>
> o  +1 650.209.7542 <(650)%20209-7542>
> m +1 250.888.9474 <(250)%20888-9474>
> 1249 Palmer Road,
> <https://maps.google.com/?q=1249+Palmer+Road,+Victoria,+BC+V8P+2H8&entry=gmail&source=g>
> Victoria, BC V8P 2H8
> <https://maps.google.com/?q=1249+Palmer+Road,+Victoria,+BC+V8P+2H8&entry=gmail&source=g>
> AndrewHughes3000 at gmail.com
> ca.linkedin.com/pub/andrew-hughes/a/58/682/
> *Identity Management | IT Governance | Information Security *
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://kantarainitiative.org/pipermail/lc/attachments/20180228/63c3710d/attachment.html>


More information about the LC mailing list