[KI-LC] New WG Charter proposal

Ken Dagg kendaggtbs at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 02:15:36 UTC 2018

Andrew,

A comments / questions:

1) I’m confused by these words in the Purpose section: “A variety of
identifiers appropriate for personal data must be trusted at a wide variety
of relying parties and applied throughout different profiles. An Identity
ecosystem requires reliable identity and federations of all sorts, and both
highly structured and distributed identities.” To me they don’t add
anything but, in my opinion, confusion and I’d recommend deleting them.

2) I don’t find that these words in the Scope section add anything: “to
help identity ecosystem participants and individuals with their identity
and personal data management”. They duplicate what is said in the Purpose
section and, again in my opinion, are out of place. I’d recommend that they
be deleted.

3) In the Scope section, I’d suggest that this text: “NOTE: Examples of
work to be taken up by the committee are found here: FIRE WG Committee Work
List
<https://kantarainitiative.org/confluence/display/idef/FIRE+WG+Committee+Work+List>
<https://kantarainitiative.org/confluence/display/idef/FIRE+WG+Committee+Work+List>
ist
<https://kantarainitiative.org/confluence/display/idef/FIRE+WG+Committee+Work>
but
a consolidated list is noted below“ be moved to after the bulleted list to
improve readability. Where it appears I found it distracting.

4) I’d recommend changing the word “may” to “will” in the Draft Technical
Specifications section. That would make the sentence, “The following
technical specifications will be developed in 2018-19:” Status reporting
can then report on progress including reasons why they have not been
developed.

5) Is there a reason the IAWG isn’t in the list of Related Work and
Liaisons?

My two cents,
Ken

613-825-2091 kendaggtbs at gmail.com