[KI-LC] Kantara Flyer refresh: Comments invited.

Colin Wallis Kantara colin at kantarainitiative.org
Thu Aug 9 12:43:42 UTC 2018

Great feedback.
Thanks Ken.
Responding <<inline>> below, and cc'ing in Marketing for any immediate
issues, to save time.

- Is there a way to make “OAuth 2” appear on the same line. To me it looks
funny to be split across two lines.
<<CW: I think Marketing can move the image a little bit to make it
possible>>.

- Was this sentence in the previous version: “Nurture emerging technical
communities through our discussion groups and work sessions”? Is there a
reason that we’re referring to “work sessions” rather than “work groups”?
<<CW: Not in previous version but I think it was used to stop using
'groups' twice. Let's settle on 'discussion and work groups'>>.

- I personally find this sentence awkward: “Companies all over the world
are providing high quality credentials to their customers because of their
approved status with Kantara’s Identity Assurance Program.” I’d suggest the
following instead: “Companies all over the world are able to provide high
quality credentials to their customers because they have been approved by
Kantara’s Identity Assurance Program.”
<<CW: Agree>>.

- Should the “accredits” in this sentence be capitalized: “Kantara approves
Credential Service Providers (CSPs) and Accredits Assessors.”?
<<CW: No, it should not be capitalized. Good catch>>.

- I’d suggest the following: “In addition to its ‘Classic’ Trust Mark,
Kantara is the only Trust Framework Provider able to grant CSPs the
NIST800-63 rev. 3 and NIST 800-63 (Technical) Trust Marks.”
<<CW: Agree>>.

- I’d suggest italicizing this phrase “applied R&D for the community
public-good”. It took me several tries to understand the sentence in which
it appears.
<<CW: Well, I think only the 'community public-good' really needs
treatment.. either as italics or in speech marks.. but I think I get your
point>>.

- Can I suggest: “Collaborate with peers transparently and equitably in
an open consensus-based environment” to highlight the consensus.
<<CW: OK, but space is tight there. If Marketing could reduce the top
bullet by one word, say by making it ethics/ethos (but there may be
alternatives), that would reduce it to one line, giving you space for your
suggested longer sentence.

Thanks again Ken.

Marketing; Can you deal?